Omega 3 Fats : The Good Ones!
Why are Omega 3 Fish Oils so important for your health?
The Department of Health recommends that we should all double our intake of Omega 3’s by eating oily fish (such as salmon) two to three times a week. But more and more research indicates that it is wise to supplement fatty acids and not just to rely on dietary intake.
Research shows that Omega 3 oils:
• can reduce the risk of heart disease and circulatory problems such as varicose veins
• may help to decrease the risk of irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), and reduce the possibility of harmful clots by reducing the clumping together of platelets
• decrease the growth of fatty plaques that can fur up the arteries
• help to lower blood pressure
• reduce the levels of triglycerides (stores of fat) in the blood
• help to reduce inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis and painful joints in general.
• may be helpful for both depression and anxiety and for children with hyperactivity and dyslexia